Rimmel Dark Night WaterL-oops

It's always nice to find a shade that you can buy from Superdrug or Boots that isn't your generic red or glittery baby pink.

I felt like a little winner when I saw Dark Night WaterL-oops (no, it's not a typo, that is really what it's called, hyphen and all) just sitting silently in the corner next to all the smug reds and pinks, waiting for a new home.
I picked him up, swatched immediately and took him home (and yes I did pay!)

The main thing that drew me to this lipstick was it's colour, different from what we're normally offered on the high-street.

Waterl-oops plum wine shade is beautiful on the lips and slightly understated.

Now, when I normally buy lipsticks I tend to pay little to no attention to what it claims to do, or the properties it brings. In my eyes, a lipstick is for colour on the lips, so when I applied Waterl-oops I was surprised at how nourishing it was, which led me to do some research...Hello Google!

 5 minutes later I found out that Dark Night WaterL-oops was part of a new collection from Rimmel called  Moisture Renew Lipsticks. These lipsticks are designed to provide moisture to the lips(duh!) with vitamins A,C,E as well as provide you with great pigmentation.

In the above swatches I've filled my lips in first with MAC's Nightmoth lip liner first and then applied Dark Night.

The lipstick applies like a dream however I've found that it provides a bit too much moisture, it's very slippery and for someone who loves a matte lip, this is something I'm trying to get used to!

All in all this is a fabulously unique colour for the high-street and great for the price as well, at £6.49 rrp you cannot go wrong.

Do you have any Rimmel products?
What colours do you wish the high-street would stock?


9 comments

  1. I need this shade! I have glam plum fulham and as you were victoria and they are amazing. Great post. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As You Want Victoria and Glam Plum Fulham are gorgeouss colours!! Thanks hun! x

      Delete
  2. Love this colour!!! I have the same problem. I am a matte kinda girl too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous but matte lipsticks are the bomb.com! They last so long, I'm all about liquid matte lipsticks now!

      Delete
  3. Dark colours look very good on you.I like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your make up looks flawless - great shade! Xx

    sandrasayswhynot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top