Sleek's Red Vs Nude - The Battle!

I've always been a red lips girl, I've been hooked since the day I bought Ruby Woo 3 years ago!
Red lips just make me feel fierce, however whilst shopping my stash I came across some of my Sleek lip products.

Sleek have several pretty amazing lip products that I always seem to over look for some reason.
So I decided to give some of my Sleek products the attention they ever so rightly deserve!
But I believe this may be a battle to the end because I love both these products!
So let's put them to battle ladies and gentlefolk, to see who wins!

In the Red corner, not surprisingly we have Red lips - Here I am donning Sleek's Pout Paint in Pin Up.
If you haven't tried Sleek's Pout Paints I'm not sure what you're waiting on chile!! A more affordable version of, let's say, the OCC Lip Tars (minus the matte finish), these highly pigmented, lightweight liquids can be used to customise your own unique lip colour or worn on their own as I have done above with Pin Up.
Pin Up is a bold blue toned red (my favourite sort of red) that flatters my skin tone perfectly! I do not need lip liner when applying this shade as it is so pigmented, I just apply with a lip brush and clean up the surrounding areas with concealer.
I love the consistency and texture of the Pout Paints, the fact that they do not dry matte works favourably especially when it comes to mixing shades.

And in the blue corner we have the Nude lip - Firstly, I started off with a good lining of NYX's Cocoa Lipliner around the border of my lips, I then filled in the center of my lips using Sleek's Lip4 Palette in Havana using the glossy shade Frappucino. 
Frappucino is a nude brown toned beige, slightly similar to MAC's Freckletone (Freckletone being slightly cooler and lighter in colour)
As Frappucino is super glossy and soft it works fantastically well at blending out the lip liner, which is the thing I have the most trouble with when it comes to nude lips.
I then went in with my fav lipgloss, you guys know, NYX Miami Babe and then topped the lip off with Hard Candy's Plexi Glass for that delightful shine. 
You can see the entire look in full HERE

I can honestly say I can't choose a winner, I love red lips but when you find a nude lip combo that works for you, you fall in love!

Which one do you prefer?
Are you a red lip lover or a nude lip lover?
Let me know! 


2 comments

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top