IMATS London 2014 Haul


I have been so excited about this years IMATS since my first time going last year, I'm such a geek!
I made my way down to Kensington Olympia as early as I could (12pm lol) to ensure I avoided the queues and grabbed myself some bargains!
Any day out shopping for make up is always going to be a winning day for me, I managed to pick up some great goodies which I'm really excited about!

However after the "aftermath" I really did have to think whether IMATS is really worth it for a consumer like myself and to be honest the answer is no.
Yes, you get the discount but think about it, tickets are £40+ and discounts are only between 10-20% off, in most cases, if you include the ticket price, you're probably spending more than the normal retail price.
I would still recommend IMATS to make up lovers who have never been but I don't think I'll make this an annual thing, IMATS is and always has been beneficial to the MUA's not so much the general public.
Anyway with that out of the way let me tell you guys what I picked up!

Crownbrush: I picked up 8 brushes from Crown Brush just because I needed some brushes for specific use.
Not all the brushes have names but if I remember correctly I picked up the following:
BK44 Lip Liner, C150-1/2” Square Camouflage Brush, M12 Angle Brush, M02 Chisel Powder, C218 Blending Fluff, C223 Angle Blending, BK13 Blending Fluff Brush.
For the life of me I cannot remember the last one but when I do I will let you guys know.
The brushes are soft and do what I require them to do so I’m very happy with these!

OCC: I picked up one of OCC’s latest matte lip tars in Rollergirl. This is a gorgeous creamy purple that works really well with my skin tone, perfect for a statement lip.

Ben Nye: I picked up two Ben Nye Powders. Luxury Banana Powder and Neutral Set. Banana  for my under eye highlight and the Neutral Set to slightly mattify dewy foundations and BB creams as I have oily skin and I cannot afford to be walking about with a 12 o’clock mirror shine upon my forehead! Unattractive!

Inglot: I had to pick up the famous #77 gel eyeliner and I can say I’m very happy with it! It’s SUPER pigmented and so creamy,  because of this reason #77 has already made its way into the number two spot of my favourite eyeliners! I also picked up one of Inglot’s newest releases the HD Illuminizing Loose Powder in 45. I believe this product is a cheaper loose powder dupe of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders, however I’m going to test this out for sure, when I do I’ll let you guys know.

Graftobian: I picked up the HD Luxe Cashmere Setting Powder in Banana Cream Pie. I picked this up before the Banana powder.
I’ve read reviews of Banana Cream Pie and it seems to be slightly easier to use and blend in comparison to BN Banana Powder as I find Banana Powder a bit drying and obvious. I have yet to test this powder out but I do have high hopes for it!

MUFE: More powders! I picked up the Multi Loose Powder in Dark Tone which is essentially a small stack of 4 different colours loose powders for darker skin tones. Really handy to have and a great way to try out the MUFE powders! I also picked up their HD cream blush in 515, this is a gorgeous vivid orange blush which works well on dark skin tones.

Sugarpill: The stall I was most excited about! I picked up the Burning Hearts palette as well as two single matte eye shadows: Tako and Velocity. I am in love with the unique colours and pigmentation that Sugarpill products have and they are great in price as well! Can’t wait to really test these shadows out!

MAC: I picked up two lip mixes. I am in love with these! I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to purchase these! The formula is gorgeous and for the amount you’re getting the price isn’t too bad either. I picked up Crimson and Deep Tone Nude and I love both of them, they are both so creamy and workable and comfortable!
Ah I could rave about these FOREVER!

NARS: I also hit NARS. This was a good chance for me to try out other NARS products as I only have two blushes from NARS and nothing else.
The NARS stand also had the best discounts in my opinion.
I picked up a multiple in Lamu (gorgeeeeous - check out the video for swatches) for £18 (normally £30), an eyeshadow in the shade Night Fever for £10.80 (normally £17) and a LE blush from the Pierre Hardy collection called Rotonde for £18 (was sold at £30 as it’s larger than a normal NARS blush at around 12g of product instead of the standard 4.8g.) The pigmentation of these products is something else! I can’t get over it! Will definitely be bringing you guys more of an in-depth look at these soon!

I’ve also filmed a video which you guys can check out below for swatches and my thoughts too!


Hope you enjoy! :)

Natalie x

6 comments

  1. I'm very jealous - that's some serious savings on the Nars products.

    Jazzie x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the NARS stand had probable the best savings of the day! x

      Delete
  2. You got some good buys hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, I'm happy with them but I don't think I'll be doing IMATS again though, quite pricey!

      Delete
  3. Great post and I loved watching your video too!!

    www.zoenewlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you for watching Zoe! I walked past you working hard at IMATS, the model looked amazing and I'm not just saying that because he was almost naked LOL!

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top