HAUL // MINI MAC COSMETICS HAUL

I'm going to be honest here.

I really do not like shopping in MAC, their prices are hexpensive (yes, hexpensive) for the quality and over my time as a beauty blogger I've been fortunate to come across products that are better in quality and lower in price, however I do recognise that MAC is essentially aimed at MUA's and not necessarily myself. I just do not see the point in panic buying collections released every other week but I believe that's a rant for another day.

Even though I have a rocky relationship with MAC there are some staples I've found myself needing wanting so when Debenhams were having 10% off beauty I decided to pounce.

The first thing I picked up was repurchase of my Prep + Prime Highlighter in Peach Lustre | £19.00.

If you've seen my videos you'll know that I use this as a colour corrector. This is probably the second item I've ever finished from MAC and one I will repurchase (no matter how much the price hurts) as the salmon tone works well at muting my dark marks whilst the consistency (think lotion) works well under foundation eliminating that dreaded cakiness.

This may come as a shock to some of you but I have never owned MAC Lip Pencil in Chestnut | £12.50 the WoC staple lip pencil. I don't know why. It definitely wasn't the price as I have a Pro Longwear Lip Pencil which retails for £15.00 - it's not even important, my point is I have now bought this lip pencil.
I'm surprised I've lived this long without it.
The brown is perfect for every nude lip and lets face it,  this pencil is a dream to blend out!

Next I picked up the MAC Prep + Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base | £16.00.
This was a "YouTube Made Me Do It" purchase.
I have hooded oily lids which means almost every shadow creases on me. I had heard so many people rave about this primer I had to pick it up.
Do I think it's a must have? I can't say, I've only used it twice but just for looks but not to wear out.
I'll come back to the blog soon with a more in depth review.

Last but not least I picked up the MAC Mineralize Loose Foundation in Dark | £25.50.
I picked this up as I wanted something light to wear as a base instead of a liquid foundation and also something less red to set my foundation as I find that MSF Dark can oxidise.
My issue here is that this foundation has purely neutral undertones, no red or yellow which makes me look ghostly.
I can't wear this on it's own so annoyingly I do need to mix, I've used this with my MSF in Dark which balances out the colour.
I think in future I'll combine this with my Ben Nye Topaz powder to balance out the tones without overloading products.

What do you think of MAC?
What are your HG products from them or do you tend to shop elsewhere?

Nat x

8 comments

  1. Totally agree with you! Great Reviews xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a really gorgeous liner but also comfortable to wear as a lip colour too!

      Delete
  3. I literally just did a mini haul from MAC as well! LOL! I agree MAC is only good to pick up a few things now and again. I can never keep up with their releases. I actually removed the eye base from my basket last minute, I just couldn't justify the price :( I have one of their paintpots and it works really well for me. looking forward to your review on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neks! I've had my eye on the Eye Base for sooooo long but that price tag was a problem! Had to get it when Debs were have 10% off otherwise it would have been sitting there for years.

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, feel free to leave your links here too. Giveaway spam and "Follow For Follow" comments WILL be deleted. If you are awaiting a reply, please tick the Notify Me box, I reply each and every comment!

Back to Top